Introducing Spindle 1.1
Since releasing a preview of Spindle in August, we’ve been gathering data and feedback from countless people. With your help, Spindle takes a major leap forward today and graduates out of its Preview. Here’s a look at what’s new…
- User Profiles: View your own profile to review your recent activity and view other peoples’ profiles to discover what they’ve shared.
- Place Search: Keyword search for specific businesses and organizations by name to see their recent activity.
- Simpler Sharing: You can now share directly from Spots feeds. And the Going, Here, and Share options have been consolidated into a single message composer screen.
- Share by Email and SMS: Share places and posts privately by email and text message.
- Likes: Like posts to save them to your profile and share with your followers. Discover your friends’ Likes in the activity feeds and on Facebook.
- Improved Location Selector: It’s now even easier to zoom in on a specific location and discover what’s happening there.
- Redesigned Menu: A better layout in the back panel. Your Favorites and friends are now at the top of the list.
- Report Missing Data: Notify us if we’re missing a place or social network account.
- New User Experience: Visual introduction to Spindle and streamlined signup process.
In addition to features above, we’ve worked hard to improve overall performance, cutting query times in half. With these improvements and our constantly growing foundation of place data, Spindle is more than ever the best way to discover great updates from places around you. We hope you like these changes… and can’t wait to show you what comes next.