The Oscars on Spindle
Looking to get out and have some fun during the Oscars? Spindle is here to help. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- King’s Back Bay is having an Oscars Pajama Party at 7pm with a chance to win Netflix for a year - more.
- Sweet Caroline’s is throwing a party and offering free appetizers - more.
- Trident Booksellers & Cafe has champagne and big screens starting at 7pm - more.
- The Brattle Theatre has a few seats left for their showing - more.
- Drink has become a viewing lounge for the evening - more.
- Kinsale Irish Pub and Restaurant is having an Oscar Karaoke Party at 8:30 - more.
- Georgetown Cupcake has a special treat for the Oscars - more.
New York City
- The Cornerstone Tavern is throwing a party and taking ballots - more.
- Lavo NYC has a black tie screening at 8pm - more.
- The Mad Hatter Saloon has $5 Oscartini’s and draft beers - more.
- Maxwell’s Bar & Restaurant has $5 Bloody Marys & Mimosas. $4 tap beers - more.
- Chelsea Wine Vault is 10% off for people hosting a party at home - more.
- 508 Gastrobrewery has a fixed price. 2 items and all you can drink for $45 - more.
- Gramercy Park Bar & Grill has $20 bottomless wine and several other discounted drinks - more.
- The City Winery is showing the Oscars in their Barrel Room - more.
- OMG is throwing a party. Starts at 4pm - more.
- Moby Dick Bar is offering 2 for 1 sex on the beach cocktails - more.
- The Roxie Theatre is screening the Oscars. Doors open at 3:45 - more.
- Extreme Pizza is offering 25% off for anyone watching at home - more.
- Prospect Restaurant is offering complimentary prosecco - more.
Check Spindle to see everything else that’s happening nearby - so much more to choose from.
SPINDLE LAUNCHES IN NEW YORK CITY
New York City is undeniably a special place. I miss it every day, and sometimes I can’t believe I moved away. If you live there, the city is a dynamic part of your life and identity whether you’re a born-and-raised New Yorker or a recent transplant. If you’re visiting, you know that there is so much to explore beyond the typical tourist destinations. There is always something to be discovered, and few other places in the world offer such a constant flow of diverse, new experiences to residents and visitors alike.
HELLO, NEW YORK
It’s hard to keep up with the great things happening at New York’s wide array of establishments. Today, Spindle is launching in NYC to help with that. Restaurants, bars, shops, galleries, parks, and community organizations are posting information to social networks — useful information you would care about if it reached you in the right time and place. Spindle sifts through the stream of posts from all these places and shows you the most interesting, timely things. So what you see in the afternoon during a hectic week (e.g. happy hours, gym classes, dinner specials) will be different from what you see in the morning on a quiet Saturday (e.g. brunch, community events, weekend nightlife). The Spindle experience changes when what’s happening around you changes.
It’s a big challenge. In New York City alone, we’re daily analyzing over 50,000 posts from businesses and almost 320,000 posts mentioning those businesses. In the new version of Spindle launching today, you can help us by reporting problems through the app. If you’re browsing a list of results and see one that doesn’t belong, let us know. If the information we have for a place is inaccurate or the place is miscategorized, it only takes a few taps to let us know. Providing this feedback will help us improve the Spindle experience in your area.
For more on our NYC launch and the new version of our app, check out our press release. And for great NYC content found on Spindle, follow the Spindle NYC Tumblr and @SpindleNYC on Twitter.
I am thrilled that Spindle is launching in New York. It’s a vibrant city with something for everyone, and Spindle is the perfect way to tune in, learn what’s happening, and join in. I would have loved an app like this when I lived in the city (suburbs, we’re coming soon). We hope you’ll try it out and find it useful; please let us know what you think.
Hello New York City!
New York is one of the most diverse and interesting cities in the world. There’s always something new to be discovered and few other places offer such a constant flow of new and exciting experiences to residents and visitors alike. It’s hard to keep up with the great things happening throughout the city. Spindle is here to help!
Spindle sifts through what every place is sharing to find the most interesting and timely updates from places around you.
Within the five boroughs, Spindle has found over 91,000 social networking accounts owned by over 70,000 businesses and organizations. And Spindle’s results are as diverse as the city itself, including over 10,400 shops, 8,900 restaurants, 9,800 community organizations, and 4,600 educational institutions. Each week, these places share nearly 400,000 updates and are mentioned 2.2 million times!
When you walk out your door, Spindle sifts through this ever-fresh stream of updates to help you discover “What’s happening around me right now?”
Here are just a few examples of what Spindle found yesterday and this past weekend:
As of today, Spindle is available on the App Store for anyone in New York’s five boroughs. Get it while it’s hot and let us know what you think. If you see something you don’t like, you can use the tools in the app to let us know.